SPARTAN is a stationary device designed to teach, monitor and evaluate the targeting of small arms and to prepare soldiers for:
• firing the live ammunition at open ranges for combat targets and silhouettes
• detection, classification and engagement of real targets upon different terrains, weather conditions and periods during the day
• team work as a squad during the mission by using different types of arms
• suitable reactions in untypical scenarios.
Placed in any room the training set consists of:
• the projection system that generates realistic 3D imaging of the battlefield (such as combat shooting range) in high-resolution
• system that tracks weapons aiming points
• sound system which delivers realistic mapping of acoustic surroundings
• operator station with which the training is conducted and controlled
• central processing unit based on PC computers equipped with specialist software realizing individual system functions
• units of smart weapons equipped with radio communication modules, injection laser diodes and pneumatic reloading system.
The system make possible training by firing in dynamic scenarios, using combat weapons and live ammunition against visible targets moving on a screen. The use of infrared camera for detecting the position of impact of a projectile.