In its first update in 10 years, this text describes the characterization of all modern infrared imaging systems.
In this new edition:
- The concept of target/background ΔT (delta-T) with its dependence on background temperature is clarified.
- Description of the three-dimensional noise model has been expanded with test methods plainly addressed.
- Major updates were made to delineate Scanning and staring array methodologies in MTF measurement, and advantages and disadvantages of each are discussed.
- Although MRT test procedures have not changed very much over the years, observer variability is now well-documented.
- All figures and graphs have been redrawn.